I've been hunting! Scouting out antique markets, second hand shops and yard sales trying to bag a new/old dining room buffet or sideboard.

Like any trophy, it needed to be better than average... with distinct markings and lots of detail! 

With the help of my friend Fiffer (a thousand thanks!)... I brought my trophy buffet home yesterday!



Here she is, sitting in my soon-to-be-redecorated foyer!






She's a real beauty! Lots of pretty detail... I love how her legs flange out a little. Bobby, who lets me have decorating carte blanche, could not believe that I actually was going to paint her. I do feel just a little guilty about that... her wood is really gorgeous!

The only thing she is missing is a drawer pull. I'll be on line searching for one to replace it!


Here she is "gutted" and upside-down on top of my work table in the living room. So happy my furniture has not come in yet. The living room is a perfect place for these kinds of projects.









I use this little cart as a work station...








I scrubbed her down and put 2 coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in COUNTRY GREY on her yesterday. Country Grey is not really grey at all, but a dull muted creamy beige.


 In the photo below you can see the new wall paint color... it's the one on the right side of the wall. It is Benjamin Moore Sonnet. 








The drawers and cabinet fronts also got a good coat of ASCP.







I'll share the buffet reveal and the painting process next week... I hope! I pinched a nerve in my back from lifting her and spent a very sleepless night last night! 

I'm feeling better but Dr. Bobby said...
NO PAINTING TODAY!

And I said OKAY, NO PAINTING TODAY... (I'm going to be sanding!) My poor husband, I am his worst patient!





Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top