Nest are a beautiful part of Spring... and Spring decorating.

What if I could show you how to take a plain and ordinary nest and make it over-the-top fabulous?

I have a formula that will work with almost any nest and a few extra elements!

Here's my secret for feathering a store bought nest...








I am so happy to be a part of...



There is so much Spring inspiration and creativity. And such pretty pictures! Please check out all the posts by my very good blogging friends.....links to each are at the bottom of this post.





Today I'm making a  Forsythia embellished nest. Forsythia are early bloomers around here and are so bright and brambly! 
And faux forsythia are so easy to find at any craft store!


Start with a store bought nest. One that is is the size just a little bigger than your cupped hand  works best.

This nest came with a little moss and a few leaves on it.  But totally plain works just as well.









Add a few thin twigs.  Stick them into the nest and wind them around the outside. Let the ends stick out.

Add a few small sprigs of forsythia. Stick the end of the sprig into the nest to secure it.









Work your way around the nest. Don't add to much. Restraint is important!











I added just a couple of tiny branches of pussy willow to the nest. Keep adding sticks and twigs as you work around the nest.









This picture show the nest with all the sticks, twigs. forsythia and pussy willow in place.










Add a soft bed of moss to the inside of the nest.










Add eggs and fluff the moss.

Aren't these eggs unusual. I got them at one of my favorite local shops. I'm trying to figure out what they are made of, I'l love to do an egg DIY!









That's it! So easy and what a difference!



Now it's your turn! Grab a nest and make it a fabulous spring decoration!


Before...






After...






I decorated this Cherry Blossom nest using the same formula.











Please visit my blogging fiends and their great SIMPLY SPRING posts...


Displaying BOG DOZEN SIMPLY SPRING.png



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top