Raise your hand if you belong to a BOOK CLUB!!!! I can see hands going up all over bloggland!!!

If you are like me, you love reading and love talking about books with your girlfriends even more! The last book my book club read was "THE OTHER WES MOORE" (got a 9-10 out of 10 rating) and it inspired very interesting conversation!  Now we are reading "THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN"  and I already hear from some members that it is getting rave reviews! 

I recently hosted a book club dinner and was inspired to set a book themed table...

Black and white were the predominate colors of this well-read table... a take-off of the written word.  I added a dash of citron green for sass!



I mixed up the pattern and color of every other place setting for added interest... and to see if the girls noticed!




Some place settings look like this...



And the others look like this...



The bottom and top dishes in the stack were the same, but the two sandwiched in the middle were not.
I just could not make up my mind which dish stack I liked best when I was working on the table so I used both!
This is a great tip when you do not have enough of one kind of dishes. Mix it up... on purpose!


          

Did you notice the napkins were different too?
Each napkin was fanned and held together with a book-page posy.




Look for a Tutorial for these simple, economical and sassy napkin rings on Saturday.




Green handled flatware adds a splash of color to the table!




Small clear vases hold one single white tulip... a take-home gift from my book club girls!




White and citron green bubble glasses were alternated around the table. They rest on the cutest cocktail napkins that says, 'BLAH BLAH BLAH'... you know how we girls love to talk!!! 




The cocktail napkins came from Radel And Stauffer, a shop packed full of wonderful gifts and fine home furnishings here in Lancaster! (I had a little, teeney shopping spree while I was there... thanks Kathy.. you are a wonderful partner-in-crime!)




Covered books are used as risers in the center of the table.




 I used reversible gift wrap and gift wrapping tape to cover and decorate each book in black and white.



A simple pitcher of tulips is perched on top of the center stack of books. 

Their graceful shape brings softness to the table.



Our book club had a wonderful evening of food and lively discussion! 

I would highly recommend starting a book club if you are not in one... that's what I did... and I am so much richer for it!

THE MENU
Thanks girls for contributing to the meal!

Salad with Bleu, Walnut and Crasins
Broccoli Salad
Smoked Beef Brisket
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Baked Corn
"Save Room For Dessert" signature Pound Cake and Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries
Wine
Coffee


Pin It

I am participating in
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top