You never know what you will wake up to! Every day holds it's share of blessing and sometimes trials! Boy. did we have an adventure this morning... complete with police cars...

Early this morning while I was still in bed, I heard people talking outside... our bedroom windows were wide open last night and the sound of voices came wafting through them. Now this is unusual because we have no neighbors... at least close neighbors. I initially thought someone must be out for an early morning walk and was talking very very loud.

Shortly, I went downstairs to get coffee before getting ready for church and saw a man and woman walking across the farmer's field in back of our house. They jumped the barbed wire fence ( long story) into our yard and walked up, right onto my back wrap porch... only several inches from me looking at them through the window. I guess they could not see inside. They were discussing something, this time I could not hear what they were saying.

This seemed so odd. I tapped on the window from inside to get their attention Boy, did I give them a start! I asked them what they were doing on my back porch and what they wanted. Inside I felt very bad for sounding and being so unwelcoming. I silently scolded myself for being  un-Christ like.

The man got VERY nervous and said they had been kicked out of a place and were waiting for a taxi (a taxi in these parts and on my back porch?) then he asked to used the phone. A prickly feeling came over me as I yelled for my husband, because the man had a cell phone in his hand. I had really given them a good look and tried to remember what they looked like, what they were wearing and any other detail.

He was standing right on the other side of the glass... so so close. Then he began to walk towards our back french doors. Just before he reach the door, my husband came up beside me, the man saw him and  took off running across the fields... the woman ducked around the corner of our home.

Immediately I dialed 911... something was very wrong! Bobby watched the man high-tail it over several fields before disappearing, while I watched the women scurry down the road.

By the time our local police got to our home (they actually were out looking for them) the man and women were gone.

To make the rest of the story shorter... the police knew them, in fact they were "WANTED"!
 YIKES!

I have not yet heard if the police got their man and woman but I will be anxious to. There were quite a few police cruisers driving around the area early this morning!

Here is what I have learned from my early morning ordeal...
No matter where you are, even in bucolic Lancaster County, bad things happen and there are bad people who will cross our paths!
Trust your instincts!
You can be Christ-like and smart at the same time!
Err on the side of safety!
My Bobby is a force to be reckoned with. Even his mere presence strikes fear into mortal man!
I heart our police!

Now, I need to settle my nerves with a big piece of that wonderful Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake linked at the bottom of this week's menu.

Hope you week is stress free!!!!!

Here's what's ON THE MENU  at StoneGable...



MONDAY~ SOUP'S ON
Matzo Ball Soup
Italian Chopped Salad



TUESDAY
Asian Grilled Salmon
Rice
Roasted Asparagus With Shaved Parmesan




WEDNESDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY
Slow Cooker Apricot Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
Roasted Potato Wedges With Onions
Cucumber Salad With Feta




THURSDAY
Double this Eggplant Casserole and make it a family meal... it is FABULOUS!!!
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole For Two
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Pine Nuts With A Lemon Vinaigrette 


FRIDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY #2
Slow Cooker Sausage And Peppers
Perogies
Green Beans


SATURDAY
The fritters are a must-try! I usually make them in the summer, but I can't wait!
CORN AND CRAB FRITTERS
TOMATO AND BASIL SALAD





SATURDAY
Chow Mein
Rice


SUNDAY~ COMPANY FOR LUNCH
Nani's Vegetable Soup
Look for this family tradition in an upcoming post!
Crusty Bread
Assorted Cheeses
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream With Chocolate Chip Cookies


Printable Recipes:
this cake is spectacular!
Matzo Ball Soup
Slow Cooker Apricot Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
Cucumber Salad With Feta
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole For Two
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Pine Nuts In A Lemon Vinaigrette
Slow Cooker Sausage And Onions
Corn And Crab Fritters
Chow Mein
Vanilla Ice Cream

Not what's ON THE MENU MONDAY...




Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* Please visit other OTMM participants


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top