I knew EXACTLY  what I wanted to put in the corner of a guest room we call "The Gable Room".

A chair... one that I could makeover... but not just any chair...

THE CHAIR!

I had been casually looking for THE CHAIR  locally when I was out and about.  But when I got serious about finding it I headed to Lucketts! That great General Store/Antique Mecca in Leesburg Va. 

And sure enough... there it was... sitting in an upstairs room just waiting for me! I knew the minute I saw it that it was



THE CHAIR!


Love at first sight!

Well, it may not look like that much now.  But it has a beautiful rounded back, a wide seat, curvy arms and great legs!





I have plans for... 

THE CHAIR.

I'll make sure I share THE CHAIR with you when it is all prettied up!

Here is just a peek at the Gable Room's comfy bed... this is one of two guest rooms you could stay in if you came to visit StoneGable.

An antique bed I found in Strasburg Pa at a great antique shop, fills one corner of this cozy room.

You can just see an original piece of art I picked up in Middleburg, Va that was the inspiration for the Gable Room. I'll show you more later... I am giving this room a facelift. My boys installed new hardwood floors to match the rest of the house... so this room is getting freshened up!



An original chalk drawing done by  local artist, Alice McKeachern, is moving from the living room to the Gable Room.

This beautiful piece of art was inspired by my daughter Jacqueline, who was a ballerina for 13 years.

The colors in the rendering will work perfectly in the Gable Room.


I'll share the whole room when it is finally done! 

I hope you enjoyed a little peek!


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top