When the weather gets hot and steamy things slow down here at StoneGable.  We take more breaks and spend more time on the porch... still outside but in the shade.

Here are a few changes and addition to my front porch and rockers where the drinks are cold, the breeze is light and there is always a free rocker to sit and relax...






This year I created a little "outdoor room" right on the front porch! A place that we can sit and read and sip iced tea or some great flavored water!


It all stared with this small outdoor rug (Ballard Designs). It anchors and gives shape to this outdoor space!








I also added a small table...painted bright lime green!!! Isn't this the most fun color (Valspar Crushed Oregano)?










In year's past I put lots of flowers in pots between my rockers. 

Using this sassy little table let's me have a place for a drink or two and other things also!












Did you notice the pitcher with garden flowers?  It's a new piece from MACKENZIE-CHILDS. Swoon!!!

Look for a tablescape post later this month using MACKENZIE-CHILDS beauties!









This pitcher is hand painted enamelware. Each piece is a little work of art! You know I love love love black and white... such drama!

And black and white and green... what could be better!










The garden stool now stands close to the rockers to hold magazines, books or newspapers. Reading on the porch is one of my favorite hot weather activities.

The pile of books is topped off with my "idea book". When I get ideas or read something I want to remember or creativity strikes I write it all down in this book.  Hundreds of posts are born from my "idea book"! Can you believe I've written over 1,400 posts? Whew! 










Some days the garden stool pile is very high!!!









My little outdoor porch room is comfy and cheerful and bright!  If you come by and see me on the porch stop and rock with me!











There is a chair and a cool drink waiting... just for you!










Remember to





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top