Don't you love tote bags? I sure do!!! I can't get enough of them.

I made this fun, sassy tote and didn't sew one stitch!

I like it so much I'm using it as a summer purse!

How about you... are you ready to make a flower tote?  Here's how...







I'm part of...




I love being a member of this group of wonderful bloggers and friends!

Make sure you check out all the creative NO SEW projects... links at the end of this post.








This colorful tote bag took me a couple of hours to make and will surely be my favorite summer bag!



STONEGABLE SASSY FLOWER TOTE DIY
1 Burlap Tote bag ( I got mine HERE)
assorted fabrics, one with flowers
Wonder Under Fusible Webbing
buttons 







1. Use the tote of your choice. Mine is burlap with a black middle, very sturdy handles and a zipper closure.


2. Choose 2 or 3 coordinating fabrics. One should be large floral. I was very lucky to find a coordinate striped fabric, but it's not necessary! I got my fabric from Jo Ann's Fabric.


3. Cut out flowers, leaving a 1 inch border.

Iron fusible webbing to the back of the flowers according to package directions.

Cut out flower to the exact size you want them.

Peel the backing off the fusible webbing.









4. Iron on the flowers in a pleasing pattern according to the package directions.


5. Cut a length of coordinating fabric that will go all the way around the bottom of the tote. Leave 1/2 inch extra on all sides.

Iron on fusible webbing according to package directions.

Cut the fabric to the exact desired size.


6. Peel off fusible webbing backing and iron, as directed, to the tote as shown.








7. Using directions 5 and 6 make a band of fabric around the top of the tote, as shown.


8. Fix buttons to the center of the flowers.


9. Go shopping!






This was such a fun, easy and happy no-sew project!

Use your imagination... the possibilities are limitless!


Here are other NO SEW project you will want to see...







 FLOWER EMBELLISHED FLIP FLOP...Amy at ATTA GIRL SAYS
NO SEW TEA TOWEL PILLOW... Ann at ON SUTTON PLACE
NO SEW BURLAP ROSE WREATH... Debbie at CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT
and our guest host...
Jessica from MOM 4 REAL with...NO SEW VALANCE


Remember to





I'm partying at...
WOW US WEDNESDAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top