This is a "before" picture.  I just had to share this big chalkboard I brought home from a barn sale in November. It has waited patiently through Thanksgiving and Christmas for me to pay attention to it and find it a home....



Originally, I wanted to hang it in my dinning room I am slowly working on... but the wainscoting and the crown molding did not leave enough room on the wall to hang it... this chalkboard is quite big!

I settled on a bare wall technically in my family room... right next to the kitchen. 

My family room, breakfast room and kitchen share one big long space. I don't have a whole lot of wall space in that area. 





It is totally the wrong color... I think I'll paint it a pure white and do a little bit of antiquing.

But, it has great detail.











For now I stuck a little rattan bench under the chalkboard and fluffed a couple of white pillows on it.

The little square baskets under the bench are great for tucking away dog toys and leashes to keep things tidy!







I'm hoping to have the chalkboard repainted later this week... so look for an update soon!

In the meantime... I'll be finding fun quotes to write on it!








Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top