Don't you love chalkboards? Being a former teacher, I sure do! So, when I found this mirror-turned-chalkboard I was thrilled! It's big and bulky and very heavy and perfect in every way... but it was the wrong color! 

So I painted it...



Here is the before... it really is a luscious color... but not right for StoneGable.







And here's the chalkboard with it's new color...






Much better with my decor. The chalkboard is hung right where my family room and breakfast room area meet. Really the whole area is one big space.







The chalkboard was painted with Annie Sloan Chalk in Pure White. I prefer the pure white over the old white in my home. 

It was given a light antiquing to bring out the pretty detail. I did not sand off any paint. This is not a "chippy" piece.

Let me know if you are interested in learning an easy way to use the Annie Sloan Dark Wax to achieve a very light antiquing. 








I learned a very valuable lesson while I was painting this piece.... I taped off the chalkboard so I could paint the frame around it and when I removed the paint much of the chalkboard paint came off with it.

What a mess. 

I had to sand the lifted areas and repaint them with chalkboard paint... again.







I'm looking forward to writing menus... love notes... seasonal quotes and all kinds of "fun stuff"!

Now I just have to wait for the chalk inks I ordered!

REMEMBER to join me for 

TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

Come share and show-off you creativity... any little tidbit will do!

Link goes live every Wednesday at 8:00 pm!







Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top