Let's talk turkey... okay, maybe not turkey... let's talk food! I am a real honest-to-goodness foodie. There is really no test to take that tells you are a foodie. Here's how I know I am...



  I read cookbooks like romance novels, love to go to specialty food stores and try new things, my longest phone conversations are about recipes and food (except to my children and Donna), all the workers at Williams-Sonoma know me by name, many of my friends get pretty excited to come and have dinner at our house and I always feel like I am doing something so good for my family when I am cooking!

Do I love to cook everyday... heavens, no! Do I cook everyday... no, but most days I do. 

Even if your passions don't find themselves satisfied in the kitchen, cooking can be enjoyable. Crank up the music you love best. Read the recipe at least once thoroughly, gather up all your ingredients and conjure up your inner Julia Child... or Martha Stewart... or Ina Garten!

NOW, HERE'S WHAT'S ON THE MENU...

MONDAY
Edamame Pods with Soy Sauce
Rice

TUESDAY


WEDNESDAY


THURSDAY
Mashed Potatoes
Roast Carrots





FRIDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY~ COMPANY'S COMING
QUESO DIP And Nachos





SATURDAY~ SOUP DAY
Nani's  Vegetable Soup
Grilled Cheese Sticks


SUNDAY~ SOUP DAY II


This weeks features should come with a warning: 

VIEW WITH CAUTION: MAY CAUSE EXTREME HUNGER!


We are pasta lovers, here at StoneGable. And we also love Vodka sauce. 
Just look at this hearty and beautiful homemade VODKA SAUCE from SEE AIMEE COOK!






Okay, if you have been following me for any length of time you know my affinity for Mexican food! Ole'. When I saw TACO CHICKEN from QUEEN OF SAVINGS I was fixated, because Doritos are my very very very favorite. (No judging!) I cannot have them in my house or even get near them! How Kristen Bell feels about sloths is the same way I feel about Doritos! See the hysterical video by clicking HERE. I am saving this recipe for a special treat for me... it will probably make me cry, too!



Taco Chicken



ITALIAN SPINACH AND CREPE MANICOTTI just looks scrumptious. Italian food is another food I am weak kneed for!!! This wonderful, company worthy main dish comes form HALF BAKED HARVEST.


IMG_3894



These are not your mothers deviled eggs. I am usually a deviled egg purist, but these CRAB AND CHIPOTLE AIOLI DEVILED EGGS from STEAKANDPOTATOESKINDAGRUL just might change my mind!  These would be fabulous as an appetizer!







Sorry Girl Scouts, we know your secret... The secret to making those world famous THIN MINTS we all love and hoard in our freezers! And it's all thanks to April at DIMPLES AND DELIGHTS! Yea, for April!








I'm making BEEF AND BROCCOLI this week... next time I need to try this recipe from RITA'S RECIPES! Made in a slow cooker, this easy recipe looks delicious!!!!








DUCK BREAST WITH PORT WINE REDUCTION is on my must-try list! We have lots of duck lovers in my family. THE COOK'S SISTER 's recipe sounds very elegant and scrumptious!








LEMONADE BROWNIES  from A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING  really got my attention! They look moist and dense and even have a lemon glaze drizzled over the top! I bet they would freeze well too... to always have a sweet treat on hand!







This week's featured menu comes from... PREPARED TO EAT. Jamie is one very organized mom of four that know the importance of serving good and delicious food!!! Kudos to you, Jamie!








NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU...





Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* It would be so nice if you followed me!
* Please visit other OTMM participants
Please link up only photographs that belong to you. 
*By participating, you are giving me permission to use your linked post and picture as a featured link in an upcoming ON THE MENU MONDAY.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top