When the white cotton duvet cover arrived at my front door, I knew that dressing the bed was FINALLY  done! 

The Gable Guest Bedroom is a little jewel-of-a-room! It's vaulted ceilings and big gable window contrasts with its smallish size and interesting angles to make a very cozy, cocoon-of-a-bedroom.

All of the furniture in this bedroom is antique or vintage.. collected over years and years.. and my very favorite piece is this big, real-deal iron bed. 

The trick was to dress the bed to enhance it's ornate style WITHOUT having it look  Victorian or fussy...



The double bed has a scrolly frame that at one point was probably painted. When it came to me 18 years ago it was this dark natural color.

 I kept the bedding calm and white to show the bed's great detail.

The linen bedskirt, Matelasse quilt, cotton duvet cover, sheets, blankets and pillows are all in snowy white...



 The only thing that brings color to this bed are the euro shams I made to match the curtains in the Gable room. To see the tutorial, click HERE





I think the large handpainted canvas above the bed is coming down and going somewhere else in the room (or not in the room at all). I am not quite sure what is going above the bed yet. Something updated.  Any suggestions?

I am also looking for wall sconces for each side of the bed. The bed is tucked in a perfect little nook... just right for this double bed... but there is no room for a side table with a lamp. I might like brushed metal sconces with white shades to bring light to my guests who like to read in bed ... just thinking outloud! 



I am not a fast worker when it comes to decorating a room. I need time to dream and think and collect and buy and try and edit and add and fuss... and fluff!

October 1st is my Finish Line date. I have a lot to do in this little room by then!

Next project... the "ballet"chair!



Pin It


MARVELOUS MONDAY at Jam's Corner
TWEAK IT TUESDAY at Cozy Little House

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top