Hola, amigas!
We are having company for dinner... a Mexican themed dinner... and a muy competitivo  game of Mexican Train dominoes!

 To end the meal, I have a very yummy dessert planned.  Muy delicioso... creamy custard, caramel and Kahlua...

FLAN...
 Mexican Train Flan With Kahlua

Flan is a beautiful baked custard with a sugary sweet caramel sauce built in!

I love flan, but had never made it myself. I always thought it was a little intimidating. I checked out a few recipes on line and finally deferred to my favorite go-to expert... Martha Stewart ( my other favs are Ina Garten and Julia Child).

Flan is actually quite easy and rewarding! Although none of the techniques to make flan were new to me I opted to watch the video on Martha's recipe site... and picked up some great tips! To see the recipe and a very helpful video, click HERE

I gave the flans a "kick" by drizzling a tablespoon of Kahula over the top of each of then before serving. OLE'!


Visit Martha to get the recipe for these creamy sweet treats... PERFECTO!

Printable Recipe


And if you have never played Mexican Train Dominoes... here are a couple of links to show you how!



It's fun, easy and addictive!


THE MENU
Fixins'
Margaritas
Mexican Train Flan










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top