As the Summer of 2012 comes to a close... I am giving summer one last hurrah here at StoneGable!
Today's tablescape pays homage to summer sun, sand and surf...




As I was setting this table I just kept thinking how pretty it would be if it were outside on a dock by the water!  Let's use our imaginations and pretend my kitchen is a sunny dock. Can you hear the lapping water?


The inspiration for this tablescape are the shell napkin rings and these beautifully made bright orange napkins I picked up on a recent getaway to the ocean.

I purchased these and other goodies at a gorgeous shop called P Francis! If you are ever in Ocean City New Jersey don't miss this wonderful shop on Asbury Street! Paul, the owner has exquisite taste!



A tablecloth, as white as a sail, is laid over the kitchen table. Orange ruffled placemats, that I bought on sale for $3.00 for all four, work with today's tablescape! (TJMaxx)

I love the crispness of navy blue complimented with bright orange!  

The square navy plates (HomeGoods) look very nautically chic to me! Rusty orange plates (Pier 1) with a raised dot edge sit on top of the navy.


A large shell bowl (HomeGoods) filled with prizes from the sea top off each place setting!



The "sand" is brown sugar. Doesn't this look like wet sand? I learned this trick from my friend Mary at HOME IS WHERE THE BOAT IS. If you have not been to Mary's blog... you will want to visit... AFTER finishing my post first... thanks!




I was so happy that I could finally use my orange flatware (HomeGoods). Who buys orange flatware... raise your hand... am I the only one with my had up in the air?



Cobalt blue drinking glasses (Pier 1) are striking against the white table. It's amazing how often I use these on a table. 



These darling little boat bowls have put down their anchors and are floating near each placesetting!






A blue and white sailboat has been marooned in the middle of the table! 




A long rectangle plate is filled with "sand" and jewels of the sea! Little tea lights dot the "harbor".




A happy little sea gull sit on top of a buoy. Watch your dinner... you know how these gulls love to steal food!




Dessert plates are ready for a sweet after dinner treat! A blue and white napkin is fashioned into a seaworthy sailboat!




Let's take one last big breath of the summer sea air... Ready to eat? The sand and sun always makes me so hungry!



The Menu...

Easy Shrimp Bisque (upcoming Foodie Friday)
Summer Garden Salad With Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing



Pin It

LET'S DISH at Cuisine Kathleen
Savvy Southern Style
CRAZY CUTE
BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
CENTERPIECE WEDNESDAY

Please join me for TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS... share your DYT's, great tips and any little tidbit you wish to show us and show off! Link goes live Wednesdays at 8:00 pm!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top