As I work to finish the J & J Bedroom I have a mental vision for how the room should look. Click HERE to see the makeover progress.

In my vision, I see 2 small X ottomans at the bottom of the bed. They are wooden with a nice herringbone fabric and antiqued nailheads.  I have been looking for them for several months. And I just could not find what I had envisioned!

While I was picking up a pole lamp at Pottery Barn Outlet on Wednesday I found these...

ON SALE.... ON A FABULOUS SALE!

 They were the only two in the store! I scooped them right up and did the happy dance of bargain joy all the way home!


When I get a design idea it is hard for me to shake it! I knew that I wanted X ottomans (I call them hassocks). And these were even better than I imagined! I love the wonderful thick dark leather and the antiqued metal details.

A very handsome pair!


They can be used as a place to put the decorative bed pillows when sleeping.

And they are sturdy enough to sit on too!


 Here is the bed before...



And after...

 with the ottomans and Hobbes, our rascally cat who loves to nap on the comforter!



My next project... tweaking the round mirror that goes over the bed!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top