Don't you love putting the finishing touches on a project? I sure do! Embellishing and fluffing are my favorite parts of any decorating venture.

I've been putting off this little area in the guest room because it has a big problem...


I needed time to think it though and mull it over... and come to terms with it...




Here is the problem...



Two switches on this small wall! What I had wanted to do was  have them moved... and put a long, old mirror in their place... one that would take up most of the wall.... so pretty in my mind!

But Bobby (who is not electrically gifted) said NO... No for two reasons. This is the logical and only really good place for a light switch for the room ... AND... we are already over budget.  I could see his point...

the light switches must stay!

So I just made my peace with it... over time!



Because this guest room was also my daughter Jacqueline's bedroom and she and her husband use it when they come home, I wanted just a little personal touch about them.

A couple pictures that are meaningful to Jacquie and Jon rest on a thin black shelf...



A reminder from Scripture about love..



And a little silver baby rattle, that was once mine and then Jacqueline's, rests on the shelf as well....maybe a subliminal message about their family to come...




The self is done... for now! My next project is framing an antique map of Lancaster County to hang above the bed.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top